Rev. Charles E. Diehl was born in Charles Town, WV on May 18, 1875 served as president from 1917 to 1948. He graduated from Johns Hopkins University in 1896 then earned an M.A. from Princeton in 1900 and received a Doctor of Divinity from Southwestern Presbyterian University in 1910. He was the pastor of churches in Crescent Springs, KY, Greenville, MS and Clarksville, TN before he became president of the College. During his years the College built a new campus in Memphis and moved from Clarksville, Tennessee to Memphis in 1925.
© 2007 Rhodes College, 2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112-1690 Phone: 901-843-3000 All rights reserved. The accompanying digital object and its associated documentation are provided for online research and access purposes. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute and present this digital object and the accompanying documentation, without fee, and without written agreement, is hereby granted for educational, non-commercial purposes only. The Rhodes College Archives reserves the right to decide what constitutes educational and commercial use; commercial users may be charged a nominal fee to be determined by current, commercial rates for use of special materials. In all instances of use, acknowledgement must be given to Rhodes College Archives and Special Collection, Memphis, TN. For information regarding permission to use this image, please email the Archives at email@example.com or call 901-843-3902
- 35 true