Groundbreaking for the new library was January 5, 1951 and it was dedicated October 8, 1953. Burrow Library was the generous gift of Mr. and Mrs. A. K. Burrow of Memphis. Mr. Burrow also helped finance the college's move from Clarksville and he served as a College Trustuee for many years. The collections and staff moved to the Paul Barret, Jr. Library in 2005 and Burrow Library underwent extensive renovations. It was rededicated as the Burrow Center for Student Opportunity in 2008.
© All rights reserved. The accompanying digital objects and associated documentation are provided for online research and access purposes. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute and present this digital object and the accompanying documentation, without fee, and without written agreement, is hereby granted for educational, non-commercial purposes only. The Rhodes College Archives and Special Collections reserves the right to decide what constitutes educational and commercial use. In all instances of use, acknowledgement must be given to Rhodes College Archives Digital Repository, Memphis, TN. For information regarding permission to use this image, please email the Archives at firstname.lastname@example.org.