DLynx at Rhodes College >
Rhodes College Archives >
Rhodes College Archives Digital Image Collection >
Campus Buildings and Grounds Images >
Collection home page
The refectory was completed in 1958 and named for Catherine Walter Burrow (1878-1962) wife of Aron Knox Burrow. It encompasses:
• The Alburty Room, named in honor of Rhodes Trustee the late E. A. Alburty.
• The Davis Room, named in honor of the late Thomas B. Davis of Memphis.
• The Hugh M. Neely Hall, the original dining hall on campus, dedicated on November 13, 1928. It was provided through the generosity and affection of the late Mrs. Mary Sneed Neely as a memorial to her husband Hugh M. Neely, a
heroic soldier and public-spirited citizen;
• The Margaret Ruffin Hyde Hall, built in 1958 and dedicated in 1993 in honor of the late Dr. Margaret R. Hyde, alumna Class of 1934, benefactor and Trustee of the College.
• Rollow Hall, built in 1987, and dedicated on Oct 26, 2002, by Ann Rollow Ross ’52 in memory of her parents, John ’26 and Louise Mayo Rollow ’30 and her sister Lisa Rollow Justis ’55.
All rights reserved. The accompanying digital object and associated documentation are provided for online research and access purposes. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute and present this digital object and the accompanying documentation, without fee, and without written agreement, is hereby granted for educational, non-commercial purposes only. The Rhodes College Archives and Special Collections reserves the right to decide what constitutes educational and commercial use. In all instances of use, acknowledgement must be given to Rhodes College Archives Digital Repository, Memphis, TN. For information regarding permission to use this image, please email the Archives at firstname.lastname@example.org.