Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Publisher:||Memphis, Tenn. : Art Department, Rhodes College|
|Abstract:||This historic Memphis landmark was erected in Court Square as a donation to the city of Memphis by many prominent Memphians in 1876. It is a copy of a sculpure by Antonio Canova. The fountain features the Greek gods’ mythological cupbearer Hebe. It began with catfish and turtles in its basin, switched to goldfish in the mid-1900s, and, after a renovation in 1980, the basin is now shallow and has a few pennies in it from wishers.|
|Description:||This digital image was taken by a member of the Memphis Art Project team. It was uploaded to DLynx during summer 2015 in the Visual Resources Center.|
|Appears in Collections:||Memphis Art Project Image Collection|
Memphis Art Project Image Collection
Files in This Item:
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.