DLynx at Rhodes College >
Academic Affairs, Office of >
Commerce and Business >
Business Administration. Syllabi >
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title: ||BADM 265-01 Investment Theory, Fall 1998|
|Authors: ||Pittman, Deborah N.|
|Date Issued: ||26-Aug-1998|
|Publisher: ||Rhodes College, Memphis, Tennessee|
|Series/Report no.: ||CRN syllabi|
|Abstract: ||By the end of the course, my objectives are that you will:
1. Have an expanded knowledge of the U.S.Security market -
2. Have an awareness of sources of investment information,
including available websites
3. Understand modern portfolio theory, efficient market theory,
and valuation theory.
4. Have an exposure to current research on various aspects of
stock and mutual fund selection.
5. Know how to utilize screens in order to select potential stock
investments, and perform an investment analysis, making a buy
recommendation and defending same.
6. Know how to perform a financial plan for an individual using
the Quicken financial planning model, make asset
allocation recommendations and make recommendations on
mutual funds to put in the individual’s portfolio.|
|Description: ||This syllabus was submitted to the Rhodes College Office of Academic Affairs by the course instructor.|
|Appears in Collections:||Business Administration. Syllabi|
Items in DLynx are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.