Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title:||Catherine Burrow Refectory|
|Keywords:||Collegiate gothic;Mid 20th century;School;Sandstone;Engaged column;Pointed arch;Skylight;Midtown|
|Abstract:||The Catherine Burrow Refectory was originally the Hugh M. Neely Hall, built in 1928. The Refectory is lovingly referred to as the Rat and has a small rat statue outside because of the nickname. The rat has multiple dining areas and was most recently renovated in 2012. The building has many engaged columns. There are pointed arches and an ogee arch. The Rat features a large skylight, which is the only skylight on campus. It provides natural light in the most interior portions of the Rat which would otherwise not be lit. To learn more see Collegiate Gothic: The Architecture of Rhodes College by William Morgan or visit the Rhodes website at www.rhodes.edu.|
|Description:||This building was photographed and uploaded to DLynx during the spring of 2017 by the Visual Resources Center.|
|Appears in Collections:||Memphis Architecture Image Collection|
Files in This Item:
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.