DLynx at Rhodes College >
Academic Affairs, Office of >
Commerce and Business >
Business Administration. Syllabi >
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title: ||BADM 563-01, International Management, Fall 2008|
|Authors: ||Birnbaum, Dee|
|Date Issued: ||28-Aug-2008|
|Publisher: ||Rhodes College, Memphis, Tennessee|
|Series/Report no.: ||CRN Syllabi|
|Abstract: ||1. To define the notion of culture as it applies to the field of management. To
distinguish between country, business and corporate culture.
2. To build “blended” cultures which combine country, business and corporate
culture. To use blended cultures to design organizations, manage human resources
and plan strategy.
3. To distinguish among those management models which apply to international
business and those which must be modified according to recent research literature.
4. To explore the application of strategy models across international borders and to
identify the implications of using those models on managerial decision-making.
5. To apply a global perspective in dealing with contemporary management
problems in the U.S.
6. To explore the effect of globalization on activities and policies of personnel
|Description: ||This syllabus was submitted to the Rhodes College Office of Academic Affairs by the course instructor.|
|Appears in Collections:||Business Administration. Syllabi|
Items in DLynx are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.