DLynx at Rhodes College >
Academic Affairs, Office of >
History, Department of. Syllabi >
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title: ||HIST 272-01, Nationalism, from Liberalism to Facism: Europe, 1850-1939, Spring 19999|
|Authors: ||Hatfield, Douglas W.|
|Date Issued: ||13-Jan-1999|
|Publisher: ||Rhodes College|
|Series/Report no.: ||Syllabi CRN|
|Abstract: ||Course Objectives
• In general, to assist students in enhancing their analytical skills and in gaining insight into
the processes of historical interpretation.
• To trace some of the main developments in European history from 1850 to 1939, with
particular emphasis on the development of the various meanings of nationalism.
• To examine some of the main historiographical controversies of this period and to evaluate
critically some of the leading historical interpretations of this period.
• For students individually to learn to write a critical review of a significant historical
monograph dealing with some aspect of this period.
• As a class project, to produce a volume of critical reviews, reflecting the highest standards
of scholarly writing.|
|Description: ||This syllabus was submitted to the Office of Academic Affairs by the course instructor|
|Appears in Collections:||History, Department of. Syllabi|
Items in DLynx are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.