Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:

Title: Burrow Library Dedication Plaque
Authors: Vandewalle '12, Rebecca
Keywords: Libraries;Dedications;Plaques;Buildings and grounds;Images;Burrow, Aaron Knox, 1871-1968;Burrow, Catherine Walter
Issue Date: 8-Oct-1953
Publisher: Memphis, Tenn.: Rhodes College Archives
Series/Report no.: Photo File - Buildings and Grounds;
Rhodes College Plaques and Markers;
Plaque ID;
Abstract: Plaque inscription: "The Burrow Library is the generous, carefully considered gift of two loyal Memphis Presbyterians, Aaron Knox and Catherine Walter Burrow, an exemplary couple, united in their concern for the integrity of the civil and religious life of the Mid-South. Because of their pride in the achievements of this college and their confidence in its future role in maintaining Christian liberal arts education, they have given during their lifetimes, most of their estate for the development of succeeding generations of students. To these two who have made it possible to build and equip this Burrow Library, Southwestern at Memphis here records its deep appreciation and its continuing gratitude. 'A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favor rather than silver and gold...' - Proverbs 22:1." The Burrow Library reopened in January, 2009 as Burrow Hall and now houses the Center for Student Opportunity.
Description: This image was taken by Rebecca Vandewalle '12, a Rhodes College student, as part of a GIS class project.
Appears in Collections:Plaques and Markers

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
RV_BurrowLibrary_P0071.jpgClose up of the plaque593.25 kBJPEGThumbnail
RV_BurrowLibrary_P0071_02.jpgDistance shot of the plaque279.67 kBJPEGThumbnail

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.