Since its opening in 1925, Rhodes College has been a source of architectural beauty in Memphis, Tennessee. Over the years, the College's planners and architects have succeeded in creating a feeling of harmony and unity with the consistent use of Collegiate Gothic architecture. This digital collection includes photographs relating to the College’s buildings and grounds. There are images of dedications, construction, exteriors, interiors, furniture, decorations, sculptures, paintings and individuals connected with the buildings in these collections.
All rights reserved. The accompanying digital objects and their associated documentation are provided for online research and access purposes. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute and present this digital object and the accompanying documentation, without fee, and without written agreement, is hereby granted for educational, non-commercial purposes only. The Rhodes College Archives and Special Collections reserves the right to decide what constitutes educational and commercial use. In all instances of use, acknowledgement must be given to the Rhodes College Archives and Special Collection, Memphis, TN. For information regarding permission to use this image, please email the Archives at email@example.com or call 901-843-3902.
Collections in this community
Thomas W. Briggs Student Center
Also called the BCLC, it Includes the Lynx Lair, Crain Reception Hall, the Alburty Swimming Pool and the McCallum Ballroom.
Burrow Hall is the location of the Burrow Center for Student Opportunity
Includes open areas, aerials, gardens, statues, buildings that have been removed, courts, gates, architectural details
S. DeWitt Clough Hall
Charles E. Diehl Memorial Court
The Science buildings include Frazier Jelke, Rhodes Physics Tower, Ohlendorf Hall and the amphitheatre.
Richard Halliburton Tower
The Frank M. Harris Memorial Building
Berthold S. Kennedy Hall
Dorothy C. King Hall
The William Neely Mallory Gymnasium
Harry B. McCoy, Jr. Theatre
The Paul Barret, Jr. Library
Neely Hall, Catherine Burrow Refectory, Hyde Hall and Rollow Hall.