Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Keywords:||Collegiate gothic;Early 20th century;School;Sandstone;Dormer window;Pointed arch;Blind arch;Midtown|
|Abstract:||Kennedy Hall was built in 1925 and remodeled in 1968. It is dedicated to Dr. Berthold S. Kennedy and is listed on The National Register of Historic Places, along with the Richard Halliburton Memorial Tower. It features many pointed arches, some of which are blind arches. There are also many dormer windows, like most buildings on campus. There are a few engaged columns which give the building a castle like appearance in some parts. To learn more see Collegiate Gothic: The Architecture of Rhodes College by William Morgan or visit the Rhodes website at www.rhodes.edu.|
|Description:||This building was photographed and uploaded to DLynx during the spring of 2017 by the Visual Resources Center.|
|Appears in Collections:||Memphis Architecture Image Collection|
Memphis Architecture Image Collection
Files in This Item:
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.